Saturday, February 8, 2014

ONE DAY

 “Oh you know me. I have no emotions. I'm a robot. Or a nun. A robot nun.” -One Day


              One Day, from a book (by David Nicholls) to a film and my all time favorite movie. It wasn't until the scenery of this film impacted me and made my love for movies stronger. As a young teen I loved recording short videos of places I would go or things I thought were interesting. Now as an adult not only do I love making videos, I also have really focused on editing them. Every time I watch a film I really keep an eye on the little details, things people don't really notice. I get fascinated how sound, editing, direction etc, come together and make something great that allows people to feel all different kind of emotions. I simply love how a movie makes you experience a story as if you were there.



                 What stands out about this film is that it gets you to your core, yet it has fun humor. I also enjoy Wes Anderson films, he has a different perspective of things and the fashion style is just magnificent and adorable. Some of my favorites from him are "Rushmore" and "Moonrise Kingdom". I'm really looking forward to watch his new film "The Grand Budapest Hotel" which comes out in March 7, 2014. I recently watched "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and wow, I was so blown away. It was such an inspiring and dreamy movie. That is also one of the special effects of movies, they make me believe in something I thought was impossible. Even if the film is fiction, I still love to imagine. If I were to describe my type of films it would definitely be One Day.
Below I have added the trailer of the 2011 film, enjoy!






One Day directed by Lone Scherfig

No comments:

Post a Comment